What is shortcode
A shortcode is a small piece of code, usually consisting of a word or combination of letters and numbers, that can be inserted into a website or content management system to perform a specific function. Shortcodes are often used to add features or functionality to a website without the need for extensive coding knowledge. For example, a shortcode may be used to display a gallery of images, insert a form for collecting user information, or embed a video from a third-party platform. Shortcodes can be easily edited or removed from a website as needed.
This article will show you how you can add the shortcode in WordPress WP Bakery.
To add a shortcode in WordPress using the WP Bakery Page Builder, follow these steps:
- Open your WordPress dashboard and go to the page or post where you want to add the shortcode.
- Click on the WP Bakery Page Builder icon in the WordPress editor. This will open the page builder interface.
- Click on the “Add Element” button to add a new element to the page.
- Select the “Shortcode” element from the list of available elements.
- In the shortcode field, enter the shortcode you want to use.
- Click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
- Preview your page to see the shortcode in action.
Note: Some shortcodes may require additional configuration or parameters. Consult the documentation for the specific shortcode you are using to learn more.