If you’re looking to create a website, WordPress is a popular choice due to its user-friendly interface and customizable options. One common question that may arise is how to install WordPress on GoDaddy, a popular web hosting provider.
This step-by-step guide will walk you through the process of installing WordPress on GoDaddy, so you can get your website up and running in no time.
Purchase a Hosting Plan
Before you can install WordPress on GoDaddy, you need to purchase a hosting plan. GoDaddy offers various hosting plans, such as shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting.
To purchase a hosting plan, visit GoDaddy’s website and select the hosting plan that best fits your needs. Be sure to also choose a domain name for your website during the purchasing process.
Install WordPress on GoDaddy
Once you have purchased a hosting plan, you can install WordPress on GoDaddy through the cPanel.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and click on “My Products.”
- Scroll down and click on “cPanel” next to the hosting plan you purchased.
- In the cPanel, click on the “WordPress” icon under the “Apps” section.
- Click on the “Install” button.
- Select the domain you want to install WordPress on and click “Next.”
- Fill out the necessary information, including the site name and admin login details.
- Click “Install” to begin the installation process.
Log in to your WordPress dashboard
After the installation process is complete, you can log in to your WordPress dashboard to start customizing your website.
- Go to your domain name and add “/wp-admin” to the end of the URL (e.g., www.example.com/wp-admin).
- Enter the username and password you created during the installation process.
- You will be redirected to the WordPress dashboard, where you can begin customizing your website.